| Rumor and speculation alert!|
This article contains pre-season information including spoilers and overviews, and is subject to change by the time of broadcast. Please ensure all added information is from reliable sources.
|Created by|| Tom Hardy, Chips Hardy |
and Steven Knight
|Written by||Steven Knight|
|Directed by||To Be Released|
|Starring||To Be Released|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Producer(s)|| Tom Hardy |
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)|| Scott Free Productions |
Hardy Son & Baker
|Original network(s)||BBC One (UK); FX (US)|
|“||When He broke the third seal, I heard the third creature saying, "Come" I looked, and behold, a black horse; and He who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand.||”|
|— Revelation 6:5, KJV |
Season Two is the upcoming second season of Taboo, scheduled to broadcast on BBC One and FX for the viewers of the UK and US, respectively.
After the drawn-out and bloody gunfight in London’s docks, Delaney and his rag-tag crew manage to sail off towards America on a boat full of gunpowder and dreams. 
- To Be Released!
- Official cast list to be revealed. Listed above those who sailed toward Portugal in season one's finale. 
- Tom Hardy as James Delaney
- Jessie Buckley as Lorna Bow
- Stephen Graham as Atticus
- Tom Hollander as George Cholmondeley
- Edward Hogg as Michael Godfrey
- Louis Serkis as Robert
- Scroobius Pip as French Bill
- Tallulah Rose Haddon as Pearl
Despite the BBC saying ‘no decision’ has been made about another run for the dark drama, star and creator Hardy thinks differently. When he and co-creator Steven Knight sat down with Entertainment Weekly, the pair teased there’s some ‘explosive’ stuff in store for Tom’s character James Delaney. 
Asked about season two being "the birth of a nation," Knight said: "I think we don’t talk about that. In my mind, explosive stuff is going to happen, which will be great, should it happen. There’s a great destination for it, but I don’t know if we’re in a position to talk about the actual details of it." Hardy added: "We’re onto the next stage. The key really is Colonnade. When he says, “We are Americans,” James is very ambiguous with how much information he’s going to give. In his mind, you will know when the time is right." 
Producer Ridley Scott added: "We’re thrilled people want to know what happens next and that the BBC and FX are up for more adventures with the devil Delaney and the league of the damned." 
Writer Steven Knight said: "James Delaney will continue to explore many realities as he takes his band of misfits to a new world, thanks to FX and the BBC, partners who could not be more suited to collaborating in ground breaking work." 
The new eight-part season was commissioned by Charlotte Moore, Director of BBC Content and Piers Wenger, Controller of BBC Drama. It will be produced by Scott Free London and Hardy Son & Baker for BBC One and FX with Sonar Entertainment distributing worldwide outside the UK. Executive producers are Scott and Kate Crowe for Scott Free, Tom Hardy and Dean Baker for Hardy Son & Baker, and Knight. 
Piers Wenger, head of drama at the BBC, said season two promises something "daring and different." 
Steven Knight, who also pens the international hit Peaky Blinders, tells HuffPost UK that the show will comprise "three series and out". He explains:
"I can feel the three acts. The first was ‘the escape’. The second will be ‘the journey’ and the third will be ‘the arrival’, and that’ll be it. I don’t think the story will be what viewers are expecting, but hopefully, they’ll enjoy it." The second series, already commissioned, follows the story after James Delaney (Hardy) leaves London, but will remain as dark, and probably violent, as the first. Steven is emphatic that the violence isn’t gratuitous but grounded in the reality of the era. 
According to Ridley Scott, Taboo was expected to go into production in September 2018  but the production was delayed twice due to conflicting schedule and filming is set to start in the latter part of 2019, or the beginning of 2020.
- On June 6, 2017, Tom Hardy released a series of promotional images on his personal Instagram account, SonofHorace1814. The images represent the ace of spades in playing cards, skewered by skulls and a crow on a shield, with the Latin motto "Qui Scio, Scire". 
- One of the photos is accompanied by numbers 3/7/9, a possible reference to the release date of the second season. Depending on whether the abbreviation follows British English or American English, it may indicate July 3rd, 2019, or March 7th, 2019, respectively.
- The images are accompanied by the following text: "Delaney is the Knight. The Day becomes a stormy tempest, And when the Queen rises The Flags will burn. The children grown Shall run across the sky and tear a hole across the coutments Burn Fire" 
- Other photos have the following captions along with some emoticons: "3 is not absolute the offspring of Horace resolute beware the reckoning"; "Burn all of them"; "Delaney is dead "; "There are others...beware the Knight who jests"; "Delaney's Journey is not the only Taboo...".
- Characters Lorna Bow (Jessie Buckley), Atticus (Stephen Graham) and Dr George Cholmondeley (Tom Hollander) will return having sailed away with Delaney at the end. Zilpha, played by Oona Chaplin, will not return after ending her life in the season one finale. Jonathan Pryce, who starred as Sir Stuart Strange fell victim to a letter bomb, but as a body was never shown, could he have survived? 
- On December 5th, 2017, Tom Hardy teased the fans on his Instagram accounts with the following message:
"Where to go America or to the Azores??? Pick up the other Hoods or fight the big fight...? Do you want to meet the other villains JKD is but the littlest of that particular set? Or shall we take the fight forward to Nootka. You choose. Son of Horace will listen."